Shop Projects About Contact

Sunday

Modern Mini Challenge :: Giant Granny Square

Giant 20" Granny Square

As I'm sure you're all well aware, the granny square block has gone viral in stitchy blogland and I couldn't help myself. But the teeny little 9" block wasn't enough for me. No no, I had to go bigger; 20", to be precise. Instead of the standard 2.5" squares, I used 5" charm squares. Logically, one would think doubling the size of the squares would double the block size to 18", not 20". But lest we forget, this is quilty math and it has its own set of rules.

I went with pink and navy because this mini/pillow was actually meant for my friend Kaelin and that's the color combo she's obsessed with at the moment. And can you blame her? It's quite gorgeous! This will keep her company on the sofa, as due to an injury, she's not allowed to sew for a little while. (Perish the thought!) But something tells me, she won't be enjoying this pillow all by herself...


Cripple Surprise Package (staking his claim)
Whiskers!!! That pillow is for your mommy! Silly boy :)

I'm linking up to the Modern Mini Challenge and Sew Modern Monday. Go see what everyone else has sewn up, too!


Modern Mini Challenge

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! And Whiskers does too - I came home the other day and he'd knocked it over and was sprawled on top of it (in a rather undignified fashion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute Elena. Great job! I love the fabrics you chose and how the pinks pop around. Thanks for entering the challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Elena! Way to go big or go home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was granny squares in quilting too!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Here's where you can do that! :)