Shop Projects About Contact

Sunday

Sewing Summit 2012

Sewing Summit 2012 - my peeps!

Sewing Summit 2012 - all the fun!

This was my second time attending Sewing Summit (or “Summit,” as I like to refer to it) and strike me down if it wasn’t even more uplifting than the first one! Never have I had the privilege of meeting so many wonderful and lovely people, all of whom share my interests with the same passion and fervor as I. It’s always been a nice feeling to share with one another via the online community, but never have I felt so warm and fuzzy as being surrounded by people who just “get” me. And I get them! Seeing all our favorite fabrics brought to life, whether in one of the infamous Weekender bags, a trendy new frame purse, or a stylish Wiksten tank, was a glorious pleasure.

A feeling came over me that perfectly epitomizes what the Summit is: sisters. One afternoon I was in a car overloaded with talented ladies, and as we bopped from shop to shop, with some Menchie’s in between, of course, through all the giggles it hit me; Sewing Summit is like a reunion of sorority sisters. I don’t have any sisters, nor was I ever in a sorority, but I can only imagine this is what it feels like. Suddenly the warm and fuzzies poured over me and I’ve never felt more at home than I did in that overloaded car.

I went home with a renewed inspiration for my craft. My first day home I placed an order for supplies and set to work to restart my production and sell at a holiday show less than two short weeks away. I have plans in motion and strategies in the works. My passion and fire for all things stitched has been reignited, and it’s all thanks to Sewing Summit. A huge thanks to Erin, Ali, Megan, Erika, and Katie for all their hard work, as they’re the reason we all had such an amazing time.

4 comments:

  1. I really loved reading your Sewing Summit post, thank you so much.

    You really hit the nail on the head - it must have been so amazing to be surrounded by 'sewing sisters' who 'get' you. I can't imagine sewing and creating without the connection to like-minded people that the internet brings. How awesome to talk fabric, patterns, sewing and notions - in person and without anyone's eyes glazing over and, way better, with everyone being excited and sharing your love of it all!!

    It was so awesome to 'watch' Sewing Summit happening on instagram, from all the way over here in Australia, and to now be reading everyone's blog posts. I've particularly loved your blog post.

    thanks so much, Cat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap, it was just like this for me as well. Great to meet you, can't wait to see what you do with all those frame purse supplies. Good luck at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you survived without me, thank goodness. HA! Looks like it was a blast and I'm so jealous!!! Can't wait to see you at soooooome point soon! Did you see the retreat that Jennifer's hosting in the Spring???? We should do that shiz! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a bright and bubbly post, just like your sparkling personality

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Here's where you can do that! :)